Training of Trainers -
Managing Aggressive Behavior (MAB)
A crisis management program that focuses on prevention while teaching the physical and non physical intervention skills you need to keep staff and clients safe.
This intensive, hands-on course will teach you how to train the MAB curriculum and is appropriate for professionals who want to be qualified to train staff and volunteers to prevent and manage crisis. The MAB program emphasizes prevention and non-physical intervention strategies, and teaches non-pain producing physical intervention techniques to protect youth and staff alike. MAB can help you establish agency-wide procedures that will reduce the number of restraints and offers an after-crisis component that helps staff learn from each event.
View module outlines and the course premises
- A Trainer’s Guide and Participant Manual with training how-to’s plus 25 individual activities, photographs, and ready to copy handouts, power point presentation and key concepts.
- 3.6 CEUs (36 clock hours) from The University of Oklahoma.
MAB Trainer Competencies
- Know and understand the MAB philosophy, premises, and curriculum content.
- Know how to implement prevention and early intervention strategies.
- Know how to recognize and de-escalate violent or potentially violent situations using verbal intervention techniques.
- Know and understand the limited circumstances in which physical intervention should be used.
- Be able to use passive non-pain producing physical intervention techniques that reduce the risk of harm to youth and staff, if necessary.
- Know how to process crisis events with youth using strategies that teach alternative behaviors to aggression.
- Be able to effectively deliver the MAB course, including philosophy, non-physical, and physical intervention to staff in their agencies.
|COURSE AT A GLANCE / 5 Days – $1095 per person
|Day 1 8:30-5:30
||Day 2 8:30-5:30
||Day 3 8:30-5:30
||Day 4 8:30-5:30
||Day 5 8:30-3:30
|March 20 - March 24, 2017||Hyatt Regency Tulsa - Tulsa, OK, OK||February 24, 2017|
|July 17 - July 21, 2017||Hyatt Regency Tulsa - Tulsa, OK, OK||June 21, 2017|| |
Contact us about providing this training to your agency.
|MAB UPDATE COURSE / 2 Days - $375 per person