Training of Trainers -
Residential Child and Youth Care Professional (RCYCP)
A competency based curriculum comprised of four modules:
- Developing a Culture of Care
- Understanding Child Development
- Building Relationships
- Teaching Discipline
This strengths based curriculum includes a strong youth development philosophy and current best practice components that incorporate work in diversity and independent living/life skills.
View module outlines and the course premises
This course is for professionals and agencies who want to provide direct care staff with a common knowledge base and philosophy for working with children and youth. Residential care workers have the most interaction, and therefore, the greatest impact on relationship building with the children and youth in their care. Learn to train your direct care staff using this basic in-service training program based in youth development and strengths-based philosophies.
- The RCYCP Trainer’s Guide with complete guidelines for adult instruction, reproducible handouts and activities plus an easy-to-read Participant Manual that includes the four modules in one book: Developing a Culture of Care, Understanding Child Development, Building Relationships, Teaching Discipline.
- 2.0 CEUs (20 clock hours) from The University of Oklahoma
RCYCP Trainer Competencies
- Know and understand the Residential Child and Youth Care Professional Training philosophy, premises, and curriculum content.
- Know and understand the importance of strengths-based work with children and youth in residential care.
- Know and understand the youth development philosophy in working with children and youth in residential care.
- Be able to demonstrate facilitating two activities of the RCYCP training curriculum.
- Be able to demonstrate effective communication skills when teaching activities of the RCYCP training curriculum.
- Knows how to effectively deliver the Residential Child and Youth Care Professional course, to staff in their agencies.
|COURSE AT A GLANCE / 3 Days – $750 per person
|Day 1 8:30-5:00
||Day 2 8:30-5:00
||Day 3 8:30-3:30
|October 21 - October 23, 2014||DoubleTree San Diego Downtown - San Diego, CA||September 23, 2014|